[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Erduk.com • View topic - I am for banning cell phones at schools.

I am for banning cell phones at schools.

I am for banning cell phones at schools.

Postby 12103291 Asell » Wed May 19, 2010 6:57 pm

I am in favor of banning cell phones at school.

First reason is because of the class environment.
For example, when students send text message or even talk in the middle of the class, that would ruin the class environment.

Second reason is because of the possibility of cheating.
For example, when taking exams or quiz, they can look up information or even ask friends by text messages.

Third reason is because of the gap between phone owners and students who do not have phones.
For example, rich students would have nicest, latest phone. And not rich, poor sutdents, would have no phone or even if they do, they would have old phones. So they could feel gaps and rich students could be cocky and poor students could feel embarrassed.

For these reasons, I am in favor of banning cell phones at school. How do you guys feel about this?
12103291 Asell

Re: I am for banning cell phones at schools.

Postby 12072212winter » Wed May 19, 2010 9:35 pm

That's true,in my opinion ,student shuoldn't be allowed to use cell phone in the middle schools and high schools.
Another reason is that using cell phones is bad for you listening
12072212winter

Re: I am for banning cell phones at schools.

Postby 12102816-english » Thu May 20, 2010 4:05 pm

I agree with your opinion. I also think cell phones at schools should be banned. Because students who sent message during school hours can't concentrate on their class. It maybe result in decreasing of student's school record.
12102816-english

Return to Unit 5: Crime and Punishment