[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Erduk.com • View topic - A part of korean culture

A part of korean culture

Third homework assignment: This homework assignment is DUE ON APRIL 26th.

A part of korean culture

Postby 12101691 ok hyeon » Sat May 01, 2010 3:18 pm

I'll talk about positive part of culture. even if what I say here were so subjective, please don't feel discomfort about it.

I think that it's natural for person to observe custom(or culture) of their group.
Custom or culture is considered right thing, becouse culture include good point, and exclude bad thing for a long changing time.
So it's reasonable to think culture have lots of positive thing.
For example, Korean culture 'Pum-asi', helping farming for neighborhood, is done for everyone.
This culture has many merit for farming. Wisdom of ancestor is included in this culture.
Another korean culture is 'on-dol,' korean heating system in 'han-ok'.
With 'on-dol,' you pass winter in warming room.

Like this, Culture has many positive part. But culture has also negative part.
However, I think good point is more than bad point.
So I think we have to observe culture with positive thinking.
12101691 ok hyeon

Return to Unit 3: World Cultures