[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Erduk.com • View topic - Culture in China

Culture in China

Third homework assignment: This homework assignment is DUE ON APRIL 26th.

Culture in China

Postby 12100435jihyung » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 pm

I'll intoroduce etiquette in China about food.
chinese feel food by scent,taste,sight.. not only taste.
And they eat food at round table. so food was laid at center of table.
Then, people get some food at each dish.
And green tea is always drunken anywhere in China even at eatting some lunch, or during talking
So tea is very important factor.
There is also manners that you have to keep
It is concerned rude for pot to direct to people
And if one's cup is empty, it would be rude. guest think that host don't want to entertanin oneself.
So host must sometimes look guest's glass.
And last, geust who was invited have to eat all at dish
Empty dish could be thought that host don't ready food enough for oneself
12100435jihyung

Re: Culture in China

Postby 12102148오미라 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:01 am

I often drink green tea. beacause it is helpful to diet..haha
12102148오미라

Postby 12100719 hee su » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Oh, empty cup or dish has big meaning.
Someday if I go to china, I would behave carefully about china's food manners.
12100719 hee su

Postby 12102468Kim Hojoon » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Oh, when I visited China 2 years ago , I didn't even think about that manners you mentioned.
Now I think that was rude not to consider other country's culture when we visit there.
12102468Kim Hojoon

Return to Unit 3: World Cultures