[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Erduk.com • View topic - For The Love Of Books

For The Love Of Books

Chris's students can post their second homework here. Remember, you must do one long post and two replies to other students.

For The Love Of Books

Postby 12103967Jimin » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:21 pm

Books. Ok. Let's talk about this.

Basically, I love ALL books.
When I go to the library or bookstore,
I can't help feeling as comfortable as my home.

I like novels, essays, how-to books, poems, plays, magazins, etc.
I enjoy romance, fantasy(& Sci-fi), mystery, classics, etc(again!).
I even like books that have beautiful front cover!

If someone ask me "what is your favorite book? or favorite writer?",
the list won't end, and I'll break down from exhaustion.
These days, I'm reading those written by Bernard Werber, Paulo Coelho, and Dalai Lama.

Yesterday, I read this novel called <Xanthippe>(Written by Maria Regina Kaiser).
It's about a woman named Xanthippe,
who was the wife of Socrates and mother of their three sons.
Contrary to popular belief, this Xanthippe is not a wicked wife.
She described as wise, honest, independent, and as beautiful as a laurel tree.
this novel absolutely changed my theory of Xanthippe!
Isn't the power of books just worthy of praise?

Last week, I received a book from one of my professors.
It called <演劇槪論(a compendium of theatre)>.
It's a book in japanese, so I'm translating Japanese into Korean.
This work will take time and I didn't do much yet,
But don't you think not only contents of the book, but also
translation work wil be a GREAT help to myself?

I'm fond of comic books too.
When I was little, I read <Garfield> series again and again.
That've helped me in things like keeping-humor and having-interest-in-English.

If the book is not your taste, you don't have to read it.
I hope you Find Books that can make you happy, not sleepy!
12103967Jimin

Re: For The Love Of Books

Postby 12103597Oh » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:47 am

You have really broad tastes in book.(Wow you really like books )
I like books too. but I can't translate foreign books . (haha I envy you, cuz you can translate foreign books. fantastic!!)
Now, Can you recommend some books? moving, thrilling, getting love story(not only love story)
12103597Oh

Return to Unit 2: My Personal Tastes