[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 943: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Erduk.com • View topic - Story Telling: Your First Homework Assignment

Story Telling: Your First Homework Assignment

Mr. Gunn's students can post their first homework assignment here. You must post one new post and reply to two other student's posts.

Story Telling: Your First Homework Assignment

Postby Chris » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

This homework is due by Monday the 22nd of March.

For this assignment you must post one story from your life. It should be exciting so that you can add emphasis to it. You must also reply to two other students posts as well. Replies can be shorter than your post but one or two word replies will not count.

As well, when you post your story please add emphasis by using this/these to introduce important nouns in the story and switching to the present continuous/present tense when you come to the exciting part.

Here is a sample story from my trip to Mexico.

When I was 22, I went to Mexico for my winter vacation. Vancouver is cold and wet in the winter and I wanted to get some sunshine. While I was in Mexico I learned how to scuba dive. It was one of the best experiences in my life. Well, during my very first open ocean dive something wonderful, but frightening happened: I had been underwater for about 20 minutes looking at all of the sealife on the ocean floor when suddenly this huge shadow goes past me. I am freaking out because I thought I was about to be attacked by a shark. Anyways, I turn to look up and I see this huge manta ray swimming between me and our dive boat. I had no idea it was harmless so I panicked. Anyways my diving instructor swam beside me and indicated it was completely safe. We watched it for another couple of minutes before it went away. It was gigantic --as big as our diving boat! I will remember that moment forever.
Attachments
manta-ray.jpg
manta-ray.jpg (37.44 KiB) Viewed 801 times
Chris
Site Admin

Return to Unit 1: Story Telling